Learning for Life
Learning for Life through our Sunnyhills GEMS
Happy Holidays... see you back ready for learning Tuesday 2nd February, 2021 from 8.30am
Please take note of the school calendar dates, public holidays and Teacher Only Days scheduled for the 2021 school year.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Justine Driver, Principal
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
*SUPPORT LOCAL * PTA Directory Listings *
Here are the quick contact links to those business that are supporting us! The PTA local partnership of these business helps supports us at Sunnyhills! Listings will be on our weekly update, linked from the @School App now (instead of the contact tracing), on our website and in our newsletters. Please contact them for a quote if you are considering work , renovations, sales etc...!
PTA Directory Listings:
1. Auckland Roofcraft, Ph: 09 579 8889, Visit: https://www.aucklandroofcraft.co.nz/
2. Carpetland, Debbie Sirett Ph: 09 534 4000, Visit: https://www.carpetland.co.nz/
3. Fab Drivers, Nicki and Rachel Ph: 09 576 5554, Visit: https://www.fabdrivers.co.nz/
4. Golden Olive Restaurant, Sonelia Ph: 09 576 0057, Visit: https://www.facebook.com/golden.olive.nz
5. JVS Gasfitting, Jason Sammut Ph: 022 587 4968, Visit: https://www.jvsgasfitting.co.nz/
6. Kip McGrath, Janine Attaya Ph: 09 576 9069, Visit: www.kipmcgrath.co.nz/pakuranga
7. LA Plumbing, Luke Anderson Ph: 021 169 4957, Visit: https://laplumbing.co.nz/
8. Omni Financial Services, Mike Willoughby Ph: 021 402 508, Visit: https://www.facebook.com/omnifsNZ/
9. Ray White, Jon Jaksic Ph: 021 113 9963, Visit: https://rwhowick.co.nz/agents/jon-jaksic/55911
10. SR Kitchens, Scott Reid Ph: 021 243 3910, Visit: https://www.srkitchens.co.nz/
11. Stomp Kids Shoes, Ph: 09 535 0586, Visit: https://www.stompkidsshoes.co.nz/
12. Thompson Automotive, Mark and Grant Ph: 09 576 3997, Visit: http://www.thompsonautomotive.co.nz/
13. Yard Monkey, Bryce Cooper Ph: 021 618 121, Visit: https://yardmonkey.co.nz/
What makes Sunnyhills such a unique school?
It is a place where children are articulate, caring and respectful, displaying a strong sense of citizenship; a place endorsed by a safe and nurturing community. Our parents have high expectations of their children, matched by unconditional support. At Sunnyhills we strive to unlock the potential in every child as we grow lifelong learners.
Our business first and foremost is children’s learning; preparing our young people with the skills they need for the future. The Sunnyhills’ ‘Learning for life’ philosophy fosters independence, curiosity and critical thinking. Students are engaged, and lead their own learning pathways through inquiry based topics. They display a ‘have a go’ attitude and are not afraid to take responsible risks.
Opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom are plentiful and diverse. Children’s learning is supported by high quality teaching, well resourced classrooms, a music and environmental educational specialist teachers and we have learning assistants in all of our junior classrooms. The Arts, sports and culture are valued and are an integral part of our varied programme.
Ms. Justine Driver
Have you downloaded our app?
Sunnyhills School is committed to providing the best education possible for your child. We have communicated with you our new Spotlight reporting changes that are being phased in. To this end, you now have the ability to securely view information about your child through the new Parent APP and in time have greater access digitally to real-time reporting on your child's current learning progress (this aspect has not been fully released to our community yet). We encourage all parents to download the APP and log in, as you will also find this a useful portal for school notices too!
iOS Devices (iPads, iPhones) https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/school-mobile/id888551695
Click directly on the link to the left (or the link/logo) at the top of this webpage to view the computer view of your child's portal.