Learning for Life
Learning for Life through our Sunnyhills GEMS
Happy Summer Holidays
- 2019 School Year starts at 8.50am on Monday 4 February. Learners can go straight to their new classes. The new starters to our learning community must come to the office first.
- 2019 Stationery packs are available from Paperplus in Howick from January 7th, located at 71 Picton St, Howick.
- New uniform items are available from John Russel Schoolwear on Moore Street in Howick.
- A wide brim blue school hats is the regulation uniform - NO caps
- Plain black sandals are the best footwear in term 1
- Ensure all uniforms, hats, shoes, sandals, lunch boxes and drink bottles are labelled clearly with your child's name
- It is recommended that learners come to school with sunblock already applied during summer months and they know how to apply sunblock to their arms and faces independently.
- Keep updated over the break by following us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sunnyhillsschool/
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Hoki whakamuri, kia anga whakamua - look to the past in order to forge the future.
Whakawhetai ki nga tangata katoa mo to tautoko. It's been a wonderful year. Thank you for your support of our learning community.
Have an enjoyable summer with your whanau.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
T1 - Monday 4th February to Friday 12th April (Holiday 6/2 - Waitangi Day)
T2 - Monday 29th April to Wednesday 3rd July (Holiday 3/6 - Queen’s Birthday, Teacher Only Days 4-5th July)
T3 - Monday 22nd July to Friday 27th September
T4- Monday 14th October to 20th December 12.30pm Finish (Holiday 28/10 - Labour Day)
What makes Sunnyhills such a unique school?
Mrs Justine Driver, Principal
It is a place where children are articulate, caring and respectful, displaying a strong sense of citizenship; a place endorsed by a safe and nurturing community. Our parents have high expectations of their children, matched by unconditional support. At Sunnyhills we strive to unlock the potential in every child as we grow lifelong learners.
Our business first and foremost is children’s learning; preparing our young people with the skills they need for the future. The Sunnyhills’ ‘Learning for life’ philosophy fosters independence, curiosity and critical thinking. Students are engaged, and lead their own learning pathways through inquiry based topics. They display a ‘have a go’ attitude and are not afraid to take responsible risks.
Opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom are plentiful and diverse. Children’s learning is supported by high quality teaching, well resourced classrooms, a music and environmental educational specialist teachers and we have learning assistants in all of our junior classrooms. The Arts, sports and culture are valued and are an integral part of our varied programme.
Have you downloaded our app?
A great portal for you to keep connected with daily notices from each whanau, report an absence or lateness, direct links to Facebook (so you don't need to be a member to view our page), links to the website and Kindo/Our Shop for payments and lunches. Get it on your device today!
So here's the link: https://bit.ly/sunnyhillsapp
To add the app as a “Home Screen” button do the following:
iOS Devices (iPads, iPhones) – Open Safari first: enter address, select the share box, and select “Add to Home Screen.”
Android Devices – Chrome: enter address, click three dots on the top right, and select “Add to Home Screen.”