Learning for Life
Learning for Life through our Sunnyhills GEMS
Welcome to Term 1, Week 5:
Thank you to everyone who attended our Partnership meetings on Thursday. These are a fantastic opportunity for our staff to listen and learn from you about your aspirations for your child for the year and how we can support!
A huge congratulations to our Cricket team who won 3 out of 4 games last week. We are super proud of your teamwork, fairplay and commitment.
It is swimming sport/carnival time - so please know when your child needs their swimming gear!
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Rāhina , Monday 2nd March, Poutū-te-rangi, 2020:
- Bikes, Scooters & Helmets: Rooms 1,2,3 & 17
Rātū, Tuesday 3rd March, Poutū-te-rangi, 2020:
- Bikes, Scooters & Helmets: Rooms 14,15,16
- 10.45am Kowhai (Y3/4) Swimming Carnival
Rāapa, Wednesday 4th March, Poutū-te-rangi, 2020:
- Bikes, Scooters & Helmets: Rooms 18,19, 11,12
- 8.30am PTA 2nd hand uniform sale
- 3.30pm Sunnyhills is hosting the launch of Auckland Council & EnviroSchools Moth Plant competition for our cluster of local schools.
Rāpare, Thursday 5th March, Poutū-te-rangi, 2020:
- Bikes, Scooters & Helmets: Rooms 13,21,22,24
- 7pm PTA AGM & regular meeting - ALL welcome, come along, meet some new parents and hear how you can support us to SHINE!
Rāmere Friday 6th March, Poutū-te-rangi, 2020:
- Bikes, Scooters & Helmets: Rooms 23,8,9a,10
- 9am Koru Whanau (Y1/2) Assembly in the hall - all whanau welcome.
- 9am Kauri Year 5/6 Swimming Sports at Lloyd Ellsmore Pools
- PTA Frozen Friday. Order via Kindo by Thursday evening or $2 on the day to the class teacher. Students will have their iceblocks at 1.30pm when lunch eating finishes.
- Young Guns Skate School starts at 3.15pm on the courts
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Mīharo - wonder
E tūtaki ana ngā kapua o te rangi, kei runga te Mangōroa e kōpae pū ana
The clouds in the sky gather, but above them extends the Milky Way
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Travelwise: Y3-6 Biking or scootering Permission
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Ngā mihi nui
Ms. Justine Driver, Principal.
Ever wonder what teachers do when the school is out? Here's our 2019 Christmas video for our GEMS!
What makes Sunnyhills such a unique school?
It is a place where children are articulate, caring and respectful, displaying a strong sense of citizenship; a place endorsed by a safe and nurturing community. Our parents have high expectations of their children, matched by unconditional support. At Sunnyhills we strive to unlock the potential in every child as we grow lifelong learners.
Our business first and foremost is children’s learning; preparing our young people with the skills they need for the future. The Sunnyhills’ ‘Learning for life’ philosophy fosters independence, curiosity and critical thinking. Students are engaged, and lead their own learning pathways through inquiry based topics. They display a ‘have a go’ attitude and are not afraid to take responsible risks.
Opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom are plentiful and diverse. Children’s learning is supported by high quality teaching, well resourced classrooms, a music and environmental educational specialist teachers and we have learning assistants in all of our junior classrooms. The Arts, sports and culture are valued and are an integral part of our varied programme.
Ms. Justine Driver
Have you downloaded our app?
Sunnyhills School is committed to providing the best education possible for your child. We have communicated with you our new Spotlight reporting changes that are being phased in. To this end, you now have the ability to securely view information about your child through the new Parent APP and in time have greater access digitally to real-time reporting on your child's current learning progress (this aspect has not been fully released to our community yet). We encourage all parents to download the APP and log in, as you will also find this a useful portal for school notices too!
iOS Devices (iPads, iPhones) https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/school-mobile/id888551695